The village in Work and Celebration at Hygum Hjemstavnsgård is an event with many activities there shows how live was lived in the countryside when our grandparents where young:
- Experience the old house in the farm as it was in 1910
- See how the blacksmith worked, here in a workshop from 1836
- How does the old stone own work? Come and taste the rolls made like they did back in the days
- Take a walk in the vegetable garden where you can see crops that was important for the household such as buckwheat, flax and tobacco
- What did they use to heat up the house you might ask. Come and see how to make fuel from cut peat
Activities for children
You can take a ride in a horse-carriage, play with the toys that the children played with 100 years ago or use the playground on the museum grounds.